Congratulations! Your student has received a role in this year’s musical, My Favorite Year. This promises to be a fantastic show with a talented cast and crew. We have assembled a very strong team of adult leadership, but are still looking for help. Below you will see some things your child needs to do and some ways you can be involved. I look forward to working with your son or daughter and to your support
- Your student will need to become an ASB member and register with Family ID if she or he is not already done that. Please reference the website, FamilyID.com which is linked to the Hanford Falcon HS website under tab Activities/Clubs: “Online Registration.” The high school office number is (967-6500), call as necessary.
- Your student will also need to join the Hanford Drama Club in order to be eligible to participate in the musical. He or she can join by going onto FamilyID.com and registering under Drama Club. A payment of $10 must also be paid to HHS Bookkeeping to cover club dues.
- At that FamilyID website, your student will be asked to digitally sign a form that states an agreement to align his or her behavior with school ASB policy. If you child breaches this agreement, he or she will be removed from the play. If this form has already been signed, the student does not need to sign it again.
- You son or daughter will be required to attend all scheduled rehearsals, unless he or she has contacted the director with an acceptable excuse. A schedule will be passed out, and the student will be responsible for be at rehearsal at the listed times. Failure to come to rehearsal may be grounds for dismissal from the play. The school is responsible for all students at rehearsal. Therefore, if a student is not at a scheduled rehearsal, valuable time is lost in trying to locate him or her. If a student must miss a rehearsal, the director must be contacted prior to rehearsal.
- All members of the cast and crew are required to attend and work at two set construction days. These will most often be on Saturdays. Consult the schedule.
- Parents are strongly encouraged to participate in the production of this play. A production of this magnitude takes a lot of people. A Parent Meeting will be held on November 19 at 7:00 in the Auditorium to help parents understand how they may help. The Hanford Drama program is successful primarily because of the high level of parent participation. Please indicate of the next page, where you can help.
We have a parent Drama Booster organization to further support Hanford Drama. If you are interested in joining this organization, please indicate this at the bottom of the PARENTAL PERMISSION FORM
Matt Leggett, Director
School: 967-6500. Home: 943-2922. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org