Campers interact one-on-one with both adults and older students, all of whom bring diverse experience and interests to the FAME program.
Why Hanford High Fame Camp?
Hanford High School Drama, under the direction of Matt Leggett since 1990, has built a reputation for quality theater instruction and production. The students participate in classroom instruction, in regional and state competitions and in full-scale performances. Staging a range of performances—from Shakespeare’s comedies and tragedies to musicals like Seussical—the program thrives on excellent leadership, student talent and parent and community involvement.
Each year, students earn double superior ratings at the regional and state drama competitions, as well as individual and group awards at the 5th Avenue Awards, the Washington state high school equivalent of the Tony Awards. In 2013, Drowsy Chaperone also won best musical at the 5th Avenue Awards, and six years ago, How to Succeed in Business won the same honor.
Many of our alumni go on to pursue theater or music degrees and careers in the performing arts.
Fame Camp Goals
- to provide a positive theater experience for students entering grades 7 through 9 in the Fall of 2017.
- to expose students to all areas of theater: to act, to sing, to dance, to work on technical aspects of theater.
- to increase student self-confidence and independence through workshop opportunities.
- to develop knowledge about theater production, both in front of the curtain and behind the scenes.
- to be inspired by adults and other students who love the theater.
- to have fun!
Fame Camp Fees
$325* for a two-week session, over 50 hours of instruction.
Space is first come, first served.
*Payment plans and scholarships are available so any student interested may attend.
The fee covers 10 days of instruction, materials, camp t-shirt, snacks, costumes, music and other support items. The final performances are free to family and friends of the Fame campers.
Contact Deb Donahoe
- 12:45 camper drop-off at the south entrance of the Fine Arts Building, Hanford High School
- 1:00 – 4:45 workshops: everyone attends four classes with an assigned group. The classes are in drama, vocals, dance and theater tech.
- 4:50 gathering for awards and announcements.
- 5:00 camper pick-up. PLEASE BE PROMPT.
*Because the camp is active, campers should dress in comfortable, modest clothing and wear supportive shoes.
Register no later than June 2
Register online at http://tinyurl.com/famecamp or download the brochure and mail your registration & payment.
Payment plans for Fame Camp:
*We are limited to 80 campers per year and slots fill quickly
- [ ] pay in full • $325 • by June 2
- [ ] pay $150 down by June 2 and the balance of $175 by July 10.
- [ ] applying for a need-based scholarship. No later than May 26, send in form with $75 deposit.
Decisions will be made by June 12.
Send check or money order made out to
HANFORD DRAMA BOOSTERS
and registration form to:
Deb Donahoe, Fame Camp
240 Wallace St.
Richland, WA 99354
OR pay via Hanford Drama Squareup account http://mkt.com/hanford-drama-boosters/fame-camp
*Credit includes an additional 3% charge: total is $334.75.
No refunds after July 10. No refunds given for missed sessions. No refunds given to any camper dismissed from the program for disciplinary reasons.
Download: Fame Brochure.2017