July 16-July 28, 2018
for students entering grades 7-9
Monday – Friday 12:45-5 pm
Campers interact one-on-one with both adults and older students, all of whom bring diverse experience and interests to the FAME program.
Why Hanford High Fame Camp?
Hanford High School Drama, under the direction of Matt Leggett since 1990, has built a reputation for quality theater instruction and production. The students participate in classroom instruction, in regional and state competitions and in full-scale performances. Staging a range of performances—from Shakespeare’s comedies and tragedies to musicals like Seussical—the program thrives on excellent leadership, student talent and parent and community involvement.
Each year, students earn double superior ratings at the regional and state drama competitions, as well as individual and group awards at the 5th Avenue Awards, the Washington state high school equivalent of the Tony Awards. In 2013, Drowsy Chaperone also won best musical at the 5th Avenue Awards, and six years ago, How to Succeed in Business won the same honor.
Many of our alumni go on to pursue theater or music degrees and careers in the performing arts.
Fame Camp Goals
- to provide a positive theater experience for students entering grades 7 through 9 in the fall .
- to expose students to all areas of theater: to act, to sing, to dance, to work on technical aspects of theater.
- to increase student self-confidence and independence through workshop opportunities.
- to develop knowledge about theater production, both in front of the curtain and behind the scenes.
- to be inspired by adults and other students who love the theater.
- to have fun!
- 12:45 camper drop-off at the south entrance of the Fine Arts Building, Hanford High School
- 1:00 – 4:45 workshops: everyone attends four classes with an assigned group. The classes are in drama, vocals, dance and theater tech.
- 4:50 gathering for awards and announcements.
- 5:00 camper pick-up. PLEASE BE PROMPT.
*Because the camp is active, campers should dress in comfortable, modest clothing and wear supportive shoes.
Fame Camp Fees
$325 if paying by June 1 ($350 after June 1)
Families may make one payment or two split payments via our online store. Scholarships are available so any student interested may attend.
Space is first come, first served.
The fee covers 10 days of instruction, materials, camp t-shirt, snacks, costumes, music and other support items-over 50 hours of instruction. The final performances are free to family and friends of the Fame campers.
To register for Fame Camp visit the Hanford Drama online* store at http://mkt.com/hanford-drama-boosters/fame-camp Include student’s name in the “Additional Notes” box during checkout. After payment you’ll receive a link to register for camp. Be sure to complete both steps: Payment & online registration form!
An in-person registration/payment day will be held on Thursday, May 31 from 3:00-5:00 p.m. at Hanford High School for those who want to pay with check or cash.
*Credit card payments include an additional 3% charge: total is $334.75
No refunds after July 10. No refunds given for missed sessions. No refunds given to any camper dismissed from the program for disciplinary reasons.