JOIN US for two amazing weeks of theater experience. You will participate in all areas of theater: acting, singing, dancing, and technical theater. You will gain self-confidence and independence in workshop activities. You will be inspired by an energetic staff of professionals and high school students.
YOU’LL HAVE FUN!
Fame Camp Goals
- to provide a positive theater experience for students entering grades 7 through 9 in the fall .
- to expose students to all areas of theater: to act, to sing, to dance, to work on technical aspects of theater.
- to increase student self-confidence and independence through workshop opportunities.
- to develop knowledge about theater production, both in front of the curtain and behind the scenes.
- to be inspired by adults and other students who love the theater.
- to have fun!
- 12:45 camper drop-off at the south entrance of the Fine Arts Building, Hanford High School
- 1:00 – 4:45 workshops: everyone attends four classes with an assigned group. The classes are in drama, vocals, dance and theater tech.
- 4:50 gathering for awards and announcements.
- 5:00 camper pick-up. PLEASE BE PROMPT.
Because the camp is active, campers should dress in comfortable, modest clothing and wear supportive shoes.
Fame Camp Fees
$325 for two-week session, over 50 hours of instruction.
Payment plans and need-based scholarships are available.
Space is first come, first served.
The fee covers 10 days of instruction, materials, camp t-shirt, snacks, costumes, music and other support items-over 50 hours of instruction. The final performances are free to family and friends of the Fame campers.
Registration Begins March 1
To register for Fame Camp fill out the online registration form. Once the form is submitted you’ll be directed to the payment portal. Be sure to complete both steps: online registration form and payment at https://mkt.com/hanford-drama-boosters/item/fame-camp. Please include the student’s name in the “Additional Notes” box during checkout.
If your family is interested in applying for a need-based scholarship to Fame Camp, please fill out the electronic application. Scholarship applications will be reviewed by a committee; applying does not guarantee a scholarship award.
*Credit card payments include an additional 3% charge: total is $334.75
No refunds after July 10. No refunds given for missed sessions. No refunds given to any camper dismissed from the program for disciplinary reasons.